Friday, February 4, 2011

To coupon or not to coupon, that is the question




If you've found your way here to my blog then you're on the right path.  Those little pieces of paper can add up to big savings if you use them correctly. 

One of the keys to saving is not to buy things just because you have a coupon.  If you're not going to use it any money you "saved" won't be realized if it goes to waste.   You need to be cautious when buying items with rebates and register rewards like CVS rewards and Rite Aid UPS.  If you're the type of person that forgets to send in the rebate or doesn't use the register rewards then again you're not saving money.  I don't count my savings on a product where I get an UP reward (Rite Aid UP rewards are an instant rebate that prints out on your receipt to use on your next purchase) because I haven't saved anything until I use it on a product.  I count my savings on the purchase I use it with.

You can find coupons in many different places; some are on the actual product and are nicknamed peelies, in magazines, newspapers, in your mailbox, on the internet and directly from the manufacturer.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of coupons received in the mail from manufacturers just for sending them an email telling them how I feel about their product.  I sent on to a company called Bar S and received at $5 product coupon and 5 $1 coupons.

Just today I received an email from company that I wrote to about a year ago; they are about to produce their radio commercials and loved my letter so much that they want me to be the real life Mom in their commercials.  So you never know what can happen when you sit down and write a note.

The internet is an amazing resource for saving money.  There are a wealth of websites online where you can print coupons for free (never pay to sign up with a website).

I will be adding more links to my favorite sites on the sidebar of my blog.


2 comments:

  1. I got coupons from Juicy Juice just by writing them and telling them how we loved their product. Then I gave the coupons to my brother for his kids. All were for free juice. Just go through your pantry of your favorite stuff and write the companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy always carries a bunch of coupons with her. If she is not going to be able to use one she will look for some one in the store to give it to.

    ReplyDelete