Saturday, February 5, 2011

Giant Eagle shopping trip today

Well I'm just back from my first really big shopping trip.  Had all my coupons organized and ready to go.  Dropped my son in the Eagles Nest and headed around the store to see what damage I could do.  This was my 20% off my entire purchase trip so I was prepared to see a big number on the register.  I had coupons for almost all the items I purchased except for the meat and poultry and a few dairy items. 

I used the self checkout and didn't initially scan my Giant Eagle card and I took a photo of the register screen before I scanned it in.

The total was $323.23, that's the most I have ever purchased (except for at Costco).  Then I scanned in my card and all the store discounts came off:
Store discounts brought my total down to $284.70.   I started scanning in my coupons and got to the last two when the register froze up :lol: that's the first time something like that has happened to me.  The Manager had to reboot the computer and take me over to his register to load up my order and enter the last two coupons and deduct my 20% discount.

My grand total for 93 items including $50 worth of meat & poultry and 21 cans of Campbells soups was $201.59.  I was giddy and on cloud nine with my two shopping carts piled high with groceries.



Next time I'll have a better acounting of the actual coupons I used and item matchups.  But to sum it up I used $33.40 in coupons and my 20% off (the discount eligible purchase was $248.55) came to $49.71.
Plus I received Catalina's; 15 box tops coupon, $.75 off Campbells Chunky soup, $.75 off Select Harvest soup, and $1.00 off Danimals coolision yogurt.  My average was about $2.71 an item.

No comments:

Post a Comment