Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's finally Sunday, time to Relax?

I've hardly had a minute to catch my breath over the last couple of weeks. 

The PTA had our fall Scholastic Bookfair last week.  Annette, our Bookfair Organizer and Administrative Vice President, is my new hero.  She selflessly spend all day at the school organizing the volunteers and running the cash register.  Our profits increased over the past couple of years, we couldn't have done it without her. I was able to help out in the evenings and afterschool.

I got a taste of how hard it is by running the register on Family Fun night.  We had a huge line that seemed endless.  It was crazy, but so nice to see the parents and students buying books.

I'm still working part time doing Data Entry for a company that processes non-profit donations.  They've given me the job of entering the credit card donations so I haven't been able to go to the gym in the mornings since the workload has increased.  I'm surprised to find I miss it and will have to motivate myself to go in the evenings and on the weekends.  Spring is coming and I really need to get back in shape.

We recently enrolled our son, Jake, in cub scouts.  He's 7 1/2 and in second grade so he's a Wolf cub.  It's great to see him spending time with other boys.  I think he really enjoys it.  They've done some building and racing activities like the Raingutter Regatta, Rocket building and the Pinewood Derby.  He received to medals at the Derby.  One for best paint job and one for 2nd place in his racing group.  This qualified him for the Super Derby with the area scout groups. 

The pack leader approached me to become the Wolves Den Leader; he's currently running the meetings for all the groups.  I was hesitatant to get involved in another project since I'm the PTA Treasurer and working.  But he did make a valid point that I'm at the meetings and all the functions anyway.  So I decided to take the plunge.  I've completed my online Den Leader training and am meeting with him to discuss responsibilies.... today.  What have I gotten myself into???

I did get some time to myself yesterday, finally able to co-ordinate a hair appointment.  I sorely needed a haircut and my highlights touched up.  My friend Robyn clued me in to the local Paul Mitchell Hair School.  They have a school salon and the prices are very reasonable.  It does take a lot longer than if I went to a regular salon but I find the savings worth the extra time.  I've been going there for about 8 months. 

Yesterday it only cost me $68.55 for a cut, color and Paul Mitchell styling products; Extra Body Sculpting Foam (for thickening)  2 oz. and Express Style Round Trip liquid curl definer .85 oz. .  I decided to pay a bit extra and use a more experience phase II stylist instead of a newbie and I was only there for 3 1/2 hours.  Looking at their pricing table online the cut & style was $20 and I think the color was $35.
I would highly recommend checking out a School in your area  here's a link to our local school http://temple.paulmitchell.edu/frederick-md/guest-services

No comments:

Post a Comment