Friday, March 18, 2011

The Doctor Visit

Bob & I took Jake to the Doctor yesterday.  
He's 51.2 lbs & 48 inches tall his blood pressure is good and so are his reflexes. 

She looked at his hands and talked to him a bit about it but unfortunately, even with her research interest in  development, this is as far as She can take us on this journey.  Next step, Psychologist/Psychiatrist to determine where the behavior is stemming from and if he needs a medication change. 

I contacted the Psych's Dr. Sachs referred us to and at $350 and hour for the 3 hour evaluation, $175 for 1/2 hour appointments thereafter and out of network I decided to check out the Dr's on our insurance plan.  The first one isn't taking new patients until May and the receptionist at the second one I called, upon explaining the situation a bit, transferred me to the Crisis Department.  The Crisis Department was an answering machine saying they were unable to take my call and 13 hours later I have not received a call back.

Forgetting it was St. Patty's day I phoned a friend from the Developmental Center and caught her out on the town.   She's such a doll and listened to my story and will see who she can find for me through her work contacts.

So now it's 6 pm and time to get ready for Cub Scouts.  As the new Den Mother, I can't believe I agreed to this , even though I'm mentally not up to it we have to go to the meeting.  Luckily Bob can make it as well as I really needed him to help me focus the kids and discuss cloud formations with them.

Gotta wake the boy and start another day of adventures.  Luckily today is going to be great weather and we'll get to hang out outside after school.  Hurray!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment