Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Even on Spring Break there's couponing

Zyrtec Liquid Gels, 40 CountJake & I are on Long Island visiting my parents on Long Island for part of spring break.  True to form I have my coupon organizers with me.  Plus my Mom saves me all the full inserts from her papers. 

I realized I needed more Zyrtec. I knew I had some coupons in my binder but went through the circulars my Mom and Sis in Law saved for me.   Lo and behold there were $7 off Zyrtec coupons expiring on 4/24/2011 (usually I find these high dollar ones the day after they expire). 

So off I went to the local Rite Aid.  Of course I can't just walk in get my items and leave; I have to check out what's on sale.

Zyrtec gel caps were on sale from $29.99 down to $26.99 (with wellness card) for a 40 ct bottle.  I had them in my hand when I noticed the the bottle of caplets was a 30 with bonus makining it a 40 ct and only $22.99.  Since it wasn't on sale I get and additional 20% off with my wellness card ($4.60).  I got two of them. 
Then I found nose pads for my glasses, I've been looking for these at my hometown Rite Aid for weeks and they never have them.   My new glasses keep sliding down the non existant bridge of my nose.

I marched up and down the aisles and happened up the Planters Flavor Grove Almonds with olive oil and sea salt.  I tried these a while back with a coupon and really liked them, but there's no way I am paying $3.49 for them.  This RA had them on BOGO and I had $1/2.

So here's the breakdown

2 Zyrtec 30 plus 10ct (40)  $45.98 ea  RA price $36.98
Nose Pads $.99   RA price $.79
2 Flavor Grove Almonds  $6.98   RA price $3.49

2 Zyrtec Coupons  $14
1 Flavor Grove Coupon $1

Retail Price before Tax  $53.95
Actual cost after Wellness rewards and coupons
$26.13  Plus $5 up  for $25 Allergy purchase
Savings of $27.82

2 comments:

  1. Woot! I cut those Zyrtec $7 coupons out too. Roy needs them everytime he goes outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray!!! I'm gonna go back and get 2 more and use the $5 up and 2 $4 coupons

    ReplyDelete